Characteristics/Traits of Chaordic Organizations.
- Are based on clarity of shared purpose and principles.
- Are self-organizing and self-governing in whole and in part.
- Exist primarily to enable their constituent parts.
- Are powered from the periphery, unified from the core.
- Are durable in purpose and principle, malleable in form and function.
- Equitably distribute power, rights, responsibility and rewards.
- Harmoniously combine cooperation and competition.
- Learn, adapt and innovate in ever expanding cycles.
- Are compatible with the human spirit and the biosphere.
- Liberate and amplify ingenuity, initiative and judgement.
- Are compatible with and foster diversity, complexity and change.
- Constructively utilize and harmonize conflict and paradox.
- Restrain and appropriately embed command and control methods.
I try to describe the "chaordic"-ness of the modern trade exchange system in this post: Chaotic Organization of Trade Exchanges.